Friday, August 21, 2009

Prayer Answered!

Had my appointment with Dr. Lopez today and it was great! No mention of the non stress test!!!

And..... one of the first things he said was that he was ok with not doing cervical checks during labour. Whoohoo!

Babe is lower than was last week, my bp was 110/70, I forgot to ask what baby's heartbeat was. My weight was about the same as last week. Reflexes good, kidneys good, edema situation good.

I asked him if he had any concerns going in to this and he said he's excited and that he's comfortable with everything. He said he felt like we had a good dialogue going on.

I asked what he thought of the reading material I brought him last week- the chapter on third stage from my Anti-D book. He said he agreed. Last week he had said he would let the placenta go undelivered for maximum 30 minutes before intervening. This week he offered that he would feel comfortable letting it go to an hour. Based on my history I don't imagine it will be an issue, but that's nice to know. We also discussed the idea of baby's blood flowing back into the placenta after the cord stops pulsing and he was open to the thought that the cord vessels close physiologically thereby preventing that from happening. But then he wondered if that would make it more difficult to obtain a good blood sample for baby's blood typing. He was going to look into that further with colleagues.

So I came away feeling very very good about things. There is nothing left to worry about. Now I'll concentrate on resting and enjoying the anticipation of meeting our baby. (And maybe some crocheting.) We just realized that this is our very last weekend together as a family of four! Even if Wee3 isn't born by next weekend, Mom will already be here bringing our count up to five.

In other news, last night I had three contractions in an hour. Each one didn't last all that long, and after that my contractions were back to the usual irregular every few hours. But that was a bit different. Felt a bit uncomfortable in the cervical area too. The bod is tuning up!

Apart from Mom not being here yet, I'd prefer babe waits for a day when I'm feeling well rested. We had a crazy night last night! It rained so it was muggy, and both kids woke up in the night and were wide awake for hours. We played musical beds- Andrew and I trying to get away from the kids more than anything. I couldn't stand Eva's body heat and her obvious wakefulness so I moved to her bed. Then later on Andrew came into the room trying to escape both wide awake kids who had moved in with him. He was so confused to find me already there. Despite all that, surprisingly, the kids and I are in really good spirits today. And planning to bake cookies this afternoon. After our nap, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment