Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mask of Pregnancy


So far I have gotten away with no stretch mark or spider/varicose veins. My linea negra is very faint. But chloasma, also known as mask of pregnancy, is really kicking into gear. I had it with Micah too. The hormone changes of pregnancy, especially paired with sun exposure, cause darker brown areas on the face. I wear moisturizer with sunscreen daily, but don't usually wear a hat. Interestingly, I got much more sun exposure in Canada than I ever do here which I'm sure had something to do with how much more visible it is now than before our trip. The good thing is that after the hormones calm down a bit and with some time and normal exfoliation, it pretty much fades away. At least it did after my last pregnancy! So I'm not going to sweat it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment